- About the Order
- Support Our Mission
|Start a Senior Chapter|
How to Start a Senior Chapter
Request a Charter Kit
Click here to request a Charter Kit. The kit includes an Application for a Senior Charter, a National Handbook and Bylaws, current Royal Cross and contact information for the Diocesan Assembly and Provincial President, as well as other important information to help you get started.
List of Materials for Study
Click here to view the list of materials needed for the study.
How to Start a DOK Chapter
To start a chapter find three or more women who are interested in becoming Daughters of the King and obtain the approval of the parish clergy. Once these two things are in place you are ready to move forward.
Below are suggested steps for continuing the journey of starting a chapter at your church.
1. Request a Charter Kit from the National Office. The Charter Kit contains The National Handbook and Bylaws, the latest Royal Cross, contact information for the diocesan assembly or provincial president, the Application for a Charter, and various forms and other information.
2. Obtain a copy of The Chapter Manual from our website under Resources or purchase one from the DOK online store. The Chapter Manual has a great deal of information to help start and maintain a chapter.
3. Contact the diocesan assembly president and ask for guidance and support in setting up an informational meeting, study sessions, and a date for "The Service of Institution of a Senior Chapter and Admission of Members.”
4. Coordinate the date and time of the information meeting with your clergy.
5. Publicize the meeting on the church's website, bulletins, and Sunday announcements.
6. Hold the informational meeting.
7. Obtain a copy of The National Handbook and Bylaws, The National Study Guide, and a Pray Your Way into their Story for each prospective new member from our website under Resources or Membership, or purchase from the DOK online store. The person leading the study sessions will need to get a copy of the Leader’s Guide for the National Study Guide, which is also found on our website and is available from the online store. See also a list of Materials for Senior Study.
8. Once established, post and distribute a notice of scheduled study sessions in your parish newsletter, bulletin, weekly calendar, and website.
9. Hold the "Service of Preparation for Membership".
10. Conduct the study sessions.
11. Coordinate the date for "The Service of Institution of a Senior Chapter and Admission of Members" with the clergy, new Daughters, and the diocesan assembly president or provincial president or her representative who will present the Charter to the clergy. The Presenter will also receive the new members' crosses ad signed Charter from the National Office.
12. Select a name for the chapter and elect officers.
13. Complete the following paperwork and submit it to the National Office along with payment for the crosses and new member fees. Please allow up to four weeks for processing.
If you have any questions please contact the National Office of the Order of the Daughters of the King® at (770) 517-8552